Exercise 4: Who did pay for your solution until now?
Fill out the account review template below in as much detail as possible – the more detail, the better you can build your ICP later on. By now, you should be able to answer the following questions:
- Who are your past and existing customers? What do they use your product for?
- Which industry(ies) do they belong to?
- Where are they located?
- What is their size in terms of employees and revenue?
- What is the deal size for each customer? What is the average deal size?
- One time or recurring (active) customer?
- When was each customer acquired? How long have they been using your product?
- What is the current status? Why did they churn (if applicable)?
- Who are the decision makers? Who are the influencers? Is there more than one decision maker in the sales process? Who are they?
- What specific reasons can you identify for why that deal was won?
- How, how much and how often are they currently using your product?
- How many market segments do you have?
- How many customers do you have in each segment?
- Does each segment have the same use case? Why or why not?
- What is the most common use case for my product? What features are they using and why?
- Can you identify any trends across your current accounts and customers?
- What is your hypothesis for classifying a good customer vs. a bad customer ?
You can use the following template to map your existing customer profiles or any tool that supports such functionalities:
|Customer Name||Industry||Location||Use Case||Contract Details||Deal Size||Active vs One Time||Client since when||Current Status||Amount of product useage by customer||Company Size - Revenue||Company Size - # of employees||# of Decision makers||Title/Department of Decision makers||Title/department of Influencer||Notes|
Who should perform this task:
Head of Sales | Founder | Customer Success Manager | Product Manager